Cosmos Sensation Mixed
Cosmos seed should be sown directly in the garden after frost.
- Direct sow seeds in average soil in full sun after danger of heavy frost.
- Select a location in full to part shade with good rich well-drained organic soil protected from wind.
- Prepare the bed by turning the soil under to a depth of 8 inches. Level with a rake to remove clumps of grass and stones.
- Most plants respond well to soils amended with organic matter. Compost is a wonderful form of organic matter with a good balance of nutrients and an ideal pH level, it can be added to your planting area at any time. If compost is not available, top dress the soil after planting with 1-2 inches of organic mulch, which will begin to breakdown into compost. After the growing season, a soil test will indicate what soil amendments are needed for the following season.
- Sow seeds 4 inches apart and ¼ inch deep
- Firm soil lightly, water and keep evenly moist.
- Seedlings will emerge in 7-10 days.
- Thin plants to stand 8-10 inches when seedlings are 1 inch high.
- Keep weeds under control during the growing season. Weeds compete with plants for water, space and nutrients, so control them by either cultivating often or use a mulch to prevent their seeds from germinating.
- Mulches also help retain soil moisture and maintain even soil temperatures. For annuals an organic mulch of shredded leaves lends a natural look to the bed and will improve the soil as it breaks down in time. Always keep mulches off a plant’s stems to prevent possible rot.
- Keep soil evenly moist but not wet.
- After plants are about 6 inches tall, a light fertilizer may be applied. Keep granular fertilizers away from the plant crown and foliage to avoid burn injury. Use low rates of a slow release fertilizer such as Flower-tone, as higher rates may encourage root rots.
- Tall cultivars may need staking to prevent their thick, hollow stems from breaking due to heavy rain or wind.
- Pinch off spent flowers to encourage continuous bloom. Pinching stem tips can reduce height and encourage branching but isn’t necessary. Deadheading is recommended since it lengthens the bloom season. Cosmos plants that aren’t deadheaded will self-sow in warm regions.
- Monitor for pests and diseases. Check with your local Cooperative Extension Service for pest controls recommended for your area.
- Remove plants after they are killed by heavy frost in fall to avoid disease issues the following year.
- Cosmos plants can withstand heat and drought conditions.
- Tall cosmos add a soft, airy touch to the back of an annual or mixed border. You can also use them as a fast-growing annual hedge or in a cutting garden. Since the taller cultivars are not always uniform in height, they’re perfect for adding an informal look to cottage gardens. Shorter cultivars of both species are ideal near the front of the border, in containers, or as edgings.
- Cosmos makes beautiful cut flowers.
- Because cosmos is easy to grow and the seeds are large and easy to handle, it is a good choice for a children’s garden.
National - INDIA
We ship by several different shipping methods. Please select appropriate shipping method during checkout based on your ordered item. To know what shipping method will be applicable to you, please see MMH Shopping Tutorial link.
Live Fishes / Small Animals / Cages / Aquariums shipping by Train only. And by Air & Bus at extra charges.
Live Plants shipping by Speed Post or Courier. We recommend Courier and it is with Live Arrival Gurantee.
Accessories / General Items shipping via India Post by registered post parcel or priority post on prior request on extra charges.
Note: Example: for small cities like Noida, Ghaziabad etc., consignment by Train/Bus will be shipped to nearest city like Delhi.
Overseas - INTERNATIONAL
We ship by either Speed Post or Courier. Shipping prices are different from country to country for each product and will cost €6.50+ onward.
Please confirm with us for shipping price for your interested products. As we do not ship overseas certain products like certain chemicals, live fishes, and other sensitive items.
International Registered Post Parcel: Transit period between 20-60 working days is expected. Suitable for general accessory, liquids and electronic items.
International Speed Post EMS: Transit period between 10-15 working days is expected. Suitable for general accessory and Live Plants. (Tracking available)
International DHL: Transit period between 3-5 working days is expected. Suitable for general accessory and electronic items. (Tracking available)
We do not ship any tangible products to following countries: Argentina, Bangladesh, Belgium, Congo, Denmark, El Salvador, Guyana, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Luxemburg, Maldives, Mexico, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Panama, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Tunisia, Yemen etc. (downloadable products like ebooks are allowed)
For Product Returns please see Terms & Conditions page.
Acceptable payment methods:
|Payment Method||Item Types|
|Credit Card / Debit Card / Net Banking / Wallet / Phone Payment||Live Plants|
Aquariums (values below Rs.3500)
|NEFT (Electronic Funds Transfer) / IMPS / Bank Draft / Cheque||Fishes|
Aquariums (values above Rs.3500)
The photo/video is for illustrative purposes only.