All natural premium planting media for aquarium plants
- Made of 100% pure Laterite
- Better for aquarium plants than gravel alone
Follow API Easy Care Guide and use FIRST LAYER PURE LATERITE when:
- Properly caring for aquarium plants
tropical streambeds, aquatic plants are found growing in a special clay
called Laterite. FIRST LAYER is an all natural Laterite in a granular
form, which is ideal for aquarium use. The pure Laterite in FIRST LAYER
provides the perfect planting medium for a natural aquarium. Mixing
all natural Laterite into the gravel bed creates an excellent planting
medium for rooted aquatic plants. Safe for use with tropical fish.
- Rinse FIRST LAYER PURE LATERITE.
- Distribute evenly on the bottom of the aquarium, using at least 1 oz. (28 g) of FIRST LAYER PURE LATERITE for every U.S. gallon (3.8 L) of aquarium water
- Add about 1 inch (2.5 cm) of gravel on top of FIRST LAYER & mix together
- Add the remaining gravel to the aquarium
- Gently fill the aquarium with water
- Rinse the FIRST LAYER PURE LATERITE
- Distribute evenly into the aquarium gravel, using 1 oz (28 g) of FIRST LAYER for every U.S. gallon (3.8 L) of aquarium water
NOTE:Adding FIRST LAYER may cause a harmless, red, cloud that will clear. Thorough rinsing will reduce clouding.
Tip: Aquatic plants require sufficient amounts of iron and potassium to produce lush, green leaves. A lack of iron results in decaying leaves and poor growth; potassium is required by aquarium plants for photosynthesis and maintaining cell pressure. API® LEAF ZONE®, a liquid plant food, is an excellent source of these essential nutrients.
Item #: For use in Freshwater aquariums:
578C 20oz. Up to 20 U.S. gallons
578E 55oz. Up to 55 U.S. gallons